First game finished!


With some help from some more experienced Scratch users I have finished my first game!

I designed this game with one particular student in mind, but now I am thinking that it would be fun for all of my students to try. For some of them I will need to make it more difficult, perhaps by adding in more levels. One idea would be that once they have reached a certain score for the D major scale it moves on to A major and then G major and so on. This also gives me a new challenge - I need to learn how to add levels in Scratch!

In this game the notes of the D major scale come up in random order and when the student touches a note on the stave, which is connected to the Makey Makey, they get a round of applause for a right answer or a buzzer sound for a wrong answer. For every correct answer they get 1 point and the game lasts 2 minutes. Hopefully this will encourage competition between students and also motivate individual students to try to improve their score each time. I think it is a fun way of learning note reading, but the important thing is, what do my students think? Hopefully I will try it out with them next week.

For the video I changed the game time to 30 seconds so that it is not boring for you to watch!


    

Comments

Popular Posts