To introduce myself...


About 2 years ago I realised that I had accidentally become a music teacher and that I didn't really know what I was doing!

I work as a volunteer in Jajce, Bosnia and Herzegovina for a UK based youth work charity called Novi Most. Our work is about bringing young people together from different ethnic backgrounds, giving them new opportunities and helping them to develop skills. We do this through youth club, baking lessons, art and craft sessions, sport, and music courses amongst other things. 2 years ago I found myself with 8 violin students. What I had started as a favour for a friend - teaching her daughter, had started to grow into something bigger. I began to realise that I needed to take this area of my work more seriously and that to be able to do so I needed some training. 

I am now a 2nd year student on the MA Teaching Musician Course at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and this blog is about my journey.


Comments

Popular Posts