Back to work



After a week by the sea in Croatia it is time to get back to my project. Today I have listened back to all the interviews I did and collated the information. Generally the feedback is very positive and there are plenty of ideas for new games as well as suggestions for improving the games I have already made.

For now I am focusing on improving the first game I made. One of the suggested changes is to add levels into the game so it gets more difficult as it goes along. One of my students suggested that to make the game more difficult and interesting in level 2 the note names should not appear on the screen and the students should have to identify the note by listening.

I have partly succeeded in doing this. In level 2 a question mark appears on the screen instead of the note name and the note has to be identified just by listening, but there are some glitches that I can't work out how to fix:

  • From the start of the game the score goes up by two points for each correct answer instead of one. I think it must be because both sprites are working at the same time although one is hidden but I can't work out how to fix it. 


  • The other problem is the transition between levels 1 and 2 - sometimes two notes play at once.


Any ideas about how to fix it would be gratefully received! You can see the game by clicking here.




Comments

Popular Posts