It's all over - but is it?


So that's it. I have submitted my assignment, the project is over. I am trying not to think about all the things I could have written to make it better and to just enjoy the feeling of finishing!

In case you are interested this is my conclusion.

Conclusion:
Using technology in my lessons has enhanced my students’ experience of learning music theory, but technology alone is not enough. For the learning to be effective it is important that these skills are worked on regularly and that connections are made to practical music making, whether that is through a game or not.[1] Having said this, technology is an excellent tool and when the balance of challenge and skill level was right my students were highly motivated to learn through game playing and they have all improved their theory and aural skills during the project. All my students expressed a desire to continue to learn in this way so I will continue to use computer games as part of their learning, developing new games as they learn new skills.[2]


I will continue to make games using Scratch and Makey-makey and I will post my progress on this blog. 

Perhaps I will also use the blog to record my thoughts for the Learning Mentor module. For this module I am having 10 hours of violin lessons and I need to write a reflective account of my learning experience. 

Tomorrow I am off to London again for a few days for some violin lessons, a visit to the library and meals with old friends.

[1] Brown, Music Technology and Education [Electronic Resource], 71.
[2] “TiME Appendix 1 - Interviews,” 11.

Comments

Popular Posts